Sat, Jun 29|
Naval Support Activity Mechanicsburg
Freedom Fest 2019 Car Show
Freedom Fest 2019 Car Show is being held on the Mechanicsburg Navy Base. Please click READ MORE for details. DO NOT wait till the last minute. Hosted by Teresa Baker
Time & Location
Jun 29, 2019, 4:00 PM
Naval Support Activity Mechanicsburg, 5450 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050, USA
About The Event
I’ve shared the info on Freedom Fest before, but it’s now a CVCC attended event (points awarded). It’s on the Navy Base in Mechanicsburg Saturday, June 29th, but we MUST arrive between 3:00-4:00pm. FREE entry/registration but you must pre-register by sending an email to Jerry, Director of Morale Welfare and Recreation, at: email@example.com with full name of each individual needing on base, Vehicle Make, Vehicle Model and Vehicle Tag Number
Enter the base via the East Gate on Sporting Hill Rd, Mechanicsburg. They want us on base, parked (on pavement) and settled before it officially starts at 5pm with lots of people milling around.
Additional info from Jerry:
Here are some things to know:
1. Please ensure all individuals in the vehicle have a valid government issued license (State Driver’s license, State ID or Passport).
2. You are welcome to walk around the venue but PLEASE do not walk beyond the area of the event. Remember that we are a military installation and we take security very seriously.
3. All participants will be given the chance to leave around 8:00 pm or stay for the amazing fireworks show, which is set to go off just after dark.
4. All vehicles exiting MUST go out the North Gate (Closest to Carlisle Pike).
New this year:
1. When you come through the gate, please indicate that you are part of the car show. You will be handed a placard to be placed on your mirror so our installation security knows that you are part of the car show. You will be required to hand this into one of our staff members as soon as you park your car.
2. You will also be handed a dash placard, which is yours to keep. This is a small thank you from us.
3. Additionally, this year we will be handing out prizes (trophies). We will have The Commander’s Choice, The Admiral’s Choice (still to be confirmed) and The Command Master Chief’s Choice. There is no criteria specifically for these awards. It is just as it says. Their choice!
After you get parked and turn in the placard to a staff member, see me (with the blue C7) to sign the attendance sheet & waiver. It officially starts at 5pm, and fireworks finish off the night. There will be various food trucks, live music, and lots to see. Harry and I attended last year and it is a very nice event. Jerry hopes to get at least 75 cars this year, but since we’re officially invited let’s give him 100! Check out the attached flyer for more info.
Save the Wave!